Phone: (713) 726-7300
Republic Services ONLY observes Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. Should the holiday fall on a regular trash collection day, service is provided on the next scheduled collection day. Should the holiday fall on a heavy trash or recycling collection day, holiday service for will be on the very next day.
Trash collection with 95 Gallon Carts – Monday/Thursday – Place at the curb by 7 a.m.
DO NOT USE RECYCLING CARTS FOR TRASH OR YARD WASTE COLLECTION.
Trash and Heavy Trash Collection
The following items and materials Will NOT be accepted:
- Dead Animals
- Chemical containers over 5 (five) gallons
- Nuclear/radioactive waste
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Pool Chemicals
- Sheetrock or drywall
- Power steering fluid
- Construction/home remodeling debris
- Ammunition or Explosives
- Chemicals not in original containers
- Unidentified chemicals
- Flammable chemicals
- Paint/paint cans
- Transmission fluid
- Used oil filters
- Medical waste
- Propane tanks
- Wood or fencing
- Tree trunks
- Water softeners
- Basketball goals
- BBQ grills or smokers over 35 pounds
- Masonry debris
- Pool filters
- Lawn mowers
- Steel or cast-iron building material
Heavy Trash, Bulk, Yard Waste Collection
Heavy trash collection is on the second Monday of the month. Place at the curb by 7 a.m.
ALLOWED – 2 appliances or bulky items and 25 bags or bundles of yard waste per collection.
Acceptable Heavy Trash Items
- Household Appliances
- Refrigerators must have Freon drained and be tagged accordingly by a certified technician.
- Hot water heaters must be drained.
- Live Christmas trees.
- Grills must be emptied of ash or briquettes.
- No propane tanks.
Packing peanuts may not be offered loose, they must be bagged. Drivers will not clean up spills.
- Bush and tree trimmings cut in lengths not to exceed 4 feet, no greater than 2 inches in diameter, securely tied in bundles, not to exceed 35 lbs.
- All grass clippings, and leaves must be bagged.
Recycling collection with 95 gallon carts each Monday. Place at the curb by 7 a.m.
Acceptable Recycling Items
- Brown paper bags
- Phone books
- Junk mail
- Tin and steel cans
- Aluminum cans, foil and trays
- Office and school paper
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastics #1, #2, #5 and #7
- Cereal and food boxes
Please rinse bottles, cans, and jars before placing them in the cart.
No Styrofoam. No food residue. No pizza boxes. No clothing. No grass clippings.
Nothing that is not listed under Acceptable Recycling Items.
If you need cart maintenance, please call Republic Services Customer Service @ 713.726.7300