Due to ongoing drought conditions, The City of Houston (COH) initiated Stage 2 water
conservation measures. Because HCMUD No. 400 is located within the City’s Ground Water
Reduction Plan,we are required to initiate Stage 1 voluntary utility water conservation measures.
HCMUD No. 400 may require mandatory water use restrictions if conditions worsen. Effective
immediately, the following voluntary water use restrictions are in place:
Voluntary Water Use Restrictions Now in Place:
- Outdoor water use is recommended between the hours of 7:00 PM and 5:00 AM.
- Outdoor water use during permitted hours should be limited to:
- Sundays and Thursdays for customers with even–numbered addresses.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays for customers with odd–numbered addresses.
- Tuesdays and Fridays for customers with common areas such as esplanades, parks, and sports fields.
- Water customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes.
- Water Customers are requested to check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets.
Thank you for your cooperation – Customers will be notified when these restrictions are no longer required or if conditions warrant additional conservation measures.