Voluntary Water Use Restrictions Now in Place
Due to ongoing drought conditions, The City of Houston (COH) initiated Stage 1 water conservation measures. Because HCMUD No. 400 is located within the City’s Ground Water Reduction Plan, we are required to initiate Stage 1 voluntary utility water conservation measures. The COH and HCMUD No. 400 may require mandatory water use restrictions if conditions worsen. Effective immediately, the following voluntary water use restrictions are in place:
Voluntary Water Use Restrictions Now in Place:
- Outdoor water use is recommended between the hours of 8:00 PM and 6:00 AM.
- Outdoor water use during permitted hours should be limited to:
- Sundays and Thursdays for customers with even–numbered addresses.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays for customers with odd–numbered addresses.
- Sundays and Thursdays for customers with common areas such as esplanades, parks, and sports fields.
- Water customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes.
- Water Customers are requested to check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets.
Thank you for your cooperation – Customers will be notified when these restrictions are no longer required or if conditions warrant additional conservation measures.